Guilt Free Donut Recipe
Let me start by prefacing the recipe with the following, I looked bloody everywhere for a Donut tray; Kmart (first of course), Big W, Target, Woolworths & Coles-
Only to end up empty handed.
I decided to still cook the donuts using pie trays and a little ingenuity, only to later do a quick eBay search and find them instantly.
So if you don’t already have a tray, I would start there.
- 1 ¼ cup Almond meal
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tea spoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ½ tea spoons vanilla extract
- 3 table spoons rice malt syrup
- 2 table spoons coconut oil melted
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees, and grease your trays (whatever you use lol), with coconut oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Then in another bowl mix the wet ingredients together except the egg whites.
- Mix the wet n dry together using a mixer on a low speed.
- Beat the egg whites with a blender until they form a peak, then fold into the batter.
- Distribute evenly into 6 trays and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before topping.
Now at this point you could enjoy the donuts by themselves and be happy with that as a treat, but let’s be serious we both know you want something sweeter.
Donut Macros *will vary slightly based on brands etc
|If you eat all 6||Or you eat them one at a time|
A bit of a mess but, never the less still taste good, I seriously suggest buying a tray if you want them to be pretty.
- ½ block of dark chocolate
- ½ table spoon of coconut oil
- Fill a pot with at least 4 inches of water and heat on the stove until the water starts to bubble, bring the heat back a little at this point.
- In a glass bowl break your chocolate up and place the bowl on top of the water, without the water making contact with the glass.
- As the chocolate melts, keep stirring it constantly and add the coconut oil.
4. Let the glaze cool slightly
5. Then dip the donuts into the glaze
6. (At this point you can also top them with crushed nuts like I did, coconut flakes, whatever really).
7. Then place the donuts in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
Take out and enjoy at room temperature.
Glaze Macros *will vary slightly based on brands etc
|If you use the whole bowl||If you use a Table spoon|
I hope you have a great Easter and try out this recipe with your kidsShare